2 February, 2016
Here my Banana Bread recipe. This is not a typical German dish, but we bake it quite often. When you have some bananas left there is nothing better than doing this with them.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar (you can reduce this or even leave it out. If you like you can substitute it with a little bit stevia.)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- [b]For the glaze:[/b]
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (in addition to ½ cup)
- 1 tsp butter
- maple syrup
- Put bananas, sugar, salt, vanilla, oil, milk and egg in a food processor and mix to a smooth paste.
- Add flour, baking soda and walnuts and stir in.
- Put in baking tin and bake at 180C
- Melt butter for Glaze and add maple syrup to it, stir walnut pieces in and cook for 2-3 minutes
- When bread is ready place glaze on top and bake for another 5 minutes./br