2 February, 2016
Here my Banana Bread recipe. This is not a typical German dish, but we bake it quite often. When you have some bananas left there is nothing better than doing this with them.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar (you can reduce this or even leave it out. If you like you can substitute it with a little bit stevia.)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- For the glaze:
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (in addition to ½ cup)
- 1 tsp butter
- maple syrup
- Put bananas, sugar, salt, vanilla, oil, milk and egg in a food processor and mix to a smooth paste.
- Add flour, baking soda and walnuts and stir in.
- Put in baking tin and bake at 180C
- Melt butter for Glaze and add maple syrup to it, stir walnut pieces in and cook for 2-3 minutes
- When bread is ready place glaze on top and bake for another 5 minutes./br