5 February, 2016
Ciabatta with Poolish
Today I made some Ciabatta bread.
This ciabatta is made with a poolish, a pre-dough that needs to ferment and develop over 16-24 hours.
When you make this bread be careful that you do not destroy the gas bubbles the dough develops during the fermentation. These will give your bread the typical fluffy structure.
How to make this bread is also part of my bread baking lesson 2 video
- 270 gr plain flour
- 270 gr water
- 2.7 gr instant dry yeast.
- 725 gr plain flour
- 390 gr water
- 5 gr dry instant yeast
- 15 gr salt
- For the poolish mix all ingredients well an let ferment for 24 hr at room temperature. It should then become bubbly and very thin.Mix well in a mixer for about 10 minutes until the dough is soft but has some structure.
- Let rest for 3 hours. During that time fold the dough each hour.
- After 3 hours fermentation divide dough in 3-4 pieces and shape round balls out of it. Put them on a well floured surface. Let these rest and ferment for an other hour.
- Preheat your oven to 250 C
- Once the breads have rested and nearly doubled size take a bread, turn it round and stretch it to a long shape.Do not fold it or press the air out !
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 250 C.