22 May, 2016
Classic traditional German Strawberry Cake
Fresh Strawberry Cake
We got some fresh strawberries at the pick your own and so I made this cake.
It is an easy dough, made of
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Mix the ingredients, butter sugar and eggs first and then add the flour.
Spread the dough evenly in your tin and bake for about 15 minutes at 175 C / 347 F.
Melt some chocolate and spread on the cake.
Put the strawberries on the cake.
Now you need some “Tortenguss”. I got my one from the Dutch shop. Have a look at your local shops if you get a clear glaze.
It is made out of a mixture of gelatin, agar agar and pectin. There are different types.
You can also use 1tsp gelatin, 1 tbls of potato or tapioca starch (no corn starch) with some sugar or syrup and water / fruit juice. It will not have the same texture but will be fine as well.
Cook the glaze and put on cake while hot. Let cool down.
Serve with some freshly whipped cream.
- 75g butter
- 60g sugar
- vanilla paste
- 2 eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 package "Tortenguss" - Glaze
- Mix the ingredients, butter sugar and eggs first and then add the flour.
- Spread the dough evenly in your tin and bake for about 15 minutes at 175 C / 347 F.
- Melt some chocolate and spread on the cake.
- Put the strawberries on the cake.
- Make a glaze and put on the top.