22 May, 2016
Quick Sunflower Seed Rolls
Saturday evening I realized there is no more bread for the Sunday breakfast. My other bread will need until Sunday afternoon, so I new have to find a quick but tasty solution. After some research I found a method that sound to easy to be true and just the right thing when you are in a hurry.
In a larger bowl mix
275 gr rye flour, type 1150
115 g wheat flour T80 or high gluten flour
50 g mature sourdough
5 g yeast (or less if your sourdough is strong on yeast)
270 g water
1 tbsp honey
8 g salt
100 g sunflower seeds roasted in a pan
mix all to a soft dough but do now over knead. Cover with a plastic bag or foil and let rest over night at room temperature.
On the next morning, preheat your oven at 250C / 480F.
Transfer the dough on a floured surface and form an about 8 cm thick roll. Do not knead the dough.
Slice the roll in thumb thick slices and put them on a perforated baking tray.
Let rest for 30 minutes on a warm place.Then put in oven and fume oven with water. Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce to 220C / 430F and bake until brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- 275 gr rye flour, type 1150
- 115 g wheat flour T80 or high gluten flour
- 50 g mature sourdough
- 5 g yeast (or less if your sourdough is strong on yeast)
- 270 g water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 g salt
- 100 g sunflower seeds roasted in a pan
- Mix all ingredients to a soft dough, but do not knead to much
- Let rest at room temperature over night
- preheat oven to 205C / 480F
- Form roll out of the dough and cut into thick slices
- Place slices on a baking tray and let them rest for 30 min.
- Bake at 250 C 480 F falling temperature for about 20-30 minutes.