23 July, 2016
Sunflower Seeds and Oats bread – Glutenfree and low carb
Yesterday I tried a new recipe for a gluten free and low carb bread. It contains oats, which are low in carbohydrates (12% carb) and can be eaten by most people with gluten intolerance.
This bread does not have any yeast or sourdough and is quick and easy made.
Just mixing all ingredients in a large bowl and then fill it in a well greased baking tin or in a silicon bread mold.
I baked it for 30 min at 175C (347F) and then removed it from the pan. First I thought it will break apart, but it did not.
Then bake further 50 to 60 min till golden brown outside. It should sound hollow when you tap on it.
It tastes great fresh, but also toasted.
The dough is quite soft but no worry, it will come all together. The water is all absorbed by the oats and Chia seeds.
- 270g Sunflower seeds (organic)
- 290g Organic wholegrain oats (ensure they are gluten free)
- 180g flax seeds
- 120g hazel nuts or almonds
- 4 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tsp organic rice syrup
- 6 tsp melted organic coconut oil
- 15g salt
- 700g water
- Preheat oven to 175C / 347F
- mix all dry ingredients and add water, coconut oil and rice syrup.
- mix well, it is a soft mixture
- fill in mold / pan and bake for 30 minutes
- take bread out of the mold / pan and place of a baking tray
- bake for another 50-60 minutes.