14 August, 2016
Gluten free Orange Polenta cake
Sometimes there is not much time to prepare a cake because there are many other things to do.
This cake is ideal for such a day. it takes just some minutes to combine the ingredients and to bake it.
Sure it needs some time to let the oranges cooling down, but you can prepare that already a day before.
This cake is moist, gluten free and full of flavor .
To make this cake take 3 Oranges and cook them for about 45 min to 1 hour. Just use enough water to cover them. They should be soft.
After they are cooled down cut them in half and take all seeds out, if there are any and then put in your blender.
Blend for some seconds until smooth.
Then add the liquid ingredients and mix again until smooth.
Add Polenta, Almonds and baking powder and mix again.
Fill in a 20cm pan laid out with baking paper and bake at 160C , 320F for 45 minutes.
For the Syrup use the cooking water and add 100g sugar. cook until about half of the water evaporated and you have a smooth syrup.
After the cake baked and cooled down a bit cover the cake with your syrup.
- - 3 Oranges, whole with skin
- - water to boil the ornages
- - 6 eggs
- - 50 g unsalted melted butter
- - 110 g polenta
- - 120 g ground almonds
- - 100 g sugar
- - 1 tsp baking powder
- - Vanilla extract
- - cooking water of the oranges
- - 100 g sugar
- Preheat your oven to 160C / 320 F.
- - boil the whole oranges in the water for about 45 min to 1 hour till they are soft.
- - take the oranges out of the water and keep the water aside. Let the oranges cool down and then cut them in half to remove any seeds.
- - put Organs in the blender and mix for about 20 seconds.
- - add butter, sugar, eggs and mix again until smooth.
- - add almonds, polenta and baking powder and mix again.
- - lay a 20cm pan out with baking paper and fill the dough in.
- - bake for 45 min at 160C / 320F
- Add 100 g os sugar to the boiling water and let reduce until you have smooth syrup.
- Pour the syrup over the warm cake and allow to soak for some minutes.