12 November, 2017
Digestive Oat Cookies
I have to admit, I like these cookies. I like the nutty and oaty flavor of them.
I tried several recipes over some time and ended up with this one. A mix of several recipes and experiments.
You need very fine oatmeal. I do not get this here. What I did is I took steal cut oats and oat bran and grind it in my high speed blender.
It is important to roll out the dough very thin. This supports to develop the flavor. I also prick the cookies with a fork to prevent any bubbles to develop during the baking process.
They bake only 5-10 minutes at 175C.
- 300 g oatmeal
- 60 g oat bran
- 200 g Butter (or vegetable fat to make them vegan)
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 100 soft brown sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2-4 tbs milk (can be also oat, almond or soy milk)
- mix flours and oat bran and add the butter in small pieces. Mix with fingers well until it starts to crumble.
- Add sugar, baking soda and mix further.
- Now only add as much milk you need to get a smooth dough.
- Wrap dough and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough very thinly, about 3-5 mm thick.
- Cut out cookies as you like them and place on a tray with baking paper.
- Use a fork to prick the cookies if you like.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes at 175C / 290F
- Once baked and cooled down you can glaze them with some chocolate.