6 February, 2016
Simple Rye-Wheat mix bread
Posted in : Bread on by : Detlef
Today I made a very simple but also yummy bread. This is a every day style bread in Germany and you can eat it with some savory or sweet toppings.
- 150 g Rye flour
- 150 g Water
- 15 g Sour dough culture
For the dough:
- 1 kg wheat plain flour
- 1 kg rye flour (fine 1050 grade)
- 1.2 kg water
- 40 gr fresh yeast or 30 gr instant yeast
- 30 gr salt
- your pre dough
- For The Pre Dough mix all ingredients well and leave for 18 hours at room temperature. It should have doubled, be bubbly and soft then.
- For the final dough, put everything in a large mixer and mix for 13 minutes (start slow first and mix for 10 minutes on a high speed.)
- Now let the dough rest for 4 hours or longer. It should double in size in that time. Fold the dough once after 2-3 hours.
- Now divide the dough in 3 parts and put in some resting or fermenting forms. You can take any kind of form, just flour the form so the bread does not stick to it.
- After 90 minutes preheat your oven to the highest temperature.
- If you have a pizza stone or similar, put it in the oven before you switch it on.
- Now turn over the bread on a baking tray (use baking paper if you like, but careful at this temperature) or directly on your stone.
- Take some water and spray it in the hot oven, close the door and leave it for 5-10 minutes at the temperature.
- After 5-10 min reduce heat to 200 C and bake for another 40-45 minutes.